I trust you’ve gotten a chance to rest up, catch your breath, spend some time with friends and family and also to reflect on all that God has done this weekend. You all have been amazing and I can’t say enough how much I am honored to be a part of this great YC family that God has assembled and is using to build His Kingdom in this province.
So what has God really done this past weekend?…here’s some real-time excerpts (some the Preston forwarded me):
• I just wanted to write and tell you that your messages you preached in YC really did something for me. When I seen my parents on Sunday night they said they seen a difference in me, and I know it was because of what you preached to me! I found it really easy to understand because you compare your to a teen and you put yourself in teens shoes. I just felt an awesome presence in the Stadium the full weekend. It was my first time there, and I never decided until 2 days before YC I wanted to go and now I don’t regret one minute of it because I got to hear you. You and the bands and JESUS changed my life forever, In the way I worship, In the way I Live every day, And in the way I act before others. Thank you soooo much for coming to YC Newfoundland 2009 It was my first one and it was awesome. My new theme song for my life is… I Will Go-Starfield. I was always a Christian but this weekend drawed me some much closer to God.
• you made me believe in myself and I thank you
• I’m thanking you for opening up my eyes to what God can do. My sister invited me to YC and when I got there and started worshiping, I didn’t feel anything and I thought, “That’s it. God has abandoned me. I’ve sinned far too much for him to come back.” Then you spoke…I swear, your speech has made me realize that God would never abandon his children no matter what their story is, what they’ve been through, etc. After that I was worshiping with my hands in the air and crying and then I did feel something. That whole weekend after your speech opened up my eyes, all I did was thank God for coming back to me….
• …I completely closed the door to what I was sure that God had called me to do. I’ve never been able to let that go. I gave up on my relationship with Christ. I came home, and ended up saying some pretty hurtful things to my senior pastor. I was a mess, for almost 2 years. The other night when you spoke about forgiveness, and everyone was getting up out of their seats to go and make up with someone, I looked over at my senior pastor. I knew in my heart that I needed to apologize to him. I love my pastor so much, and I let my hurt and frustration about my own mistake, get in the way of our relationship. I wanted to go and fix things, but even then as I sat and looked over at him, the devil was working in me. He was telling me things like, you shouldn’t do it. You’ll be embarrassed. It won’t make a difference anyway. But I had a moment of strength this time, and got out of my seat and went over to him. And as I hugged into him, cried, and apologized I heard these three words. I forgive you.
• Just want to say a huge thank you for all you’ve done in making YC an amazing event. Both (my sons) have had a life changing renewal in their walk with God. They’re sharing with us and said this was the best year yet.
• this weekend at YC was soo amazing and from your messages 4 of my friends gave their hearts to the lord
These are just some of the dozens of reports that have come through in the last 24 hours. Amazing feedback! Amazing God!
As the emotion and adrenaline of the weekend dissipates sometimes so can our positivity and perspective on what God has done. It’s easy to look back and see flaws and fumbles, mistakes and miscues, critics and criticism…trust me…I know. But I also know that as I choose to be disciplined in my perspective God reminds me of His faithfulness and rekindles a fire inside to keep pressing on for the high calling of God in Christ.
Psalms 118:23-24 (MSG) This is God’s work. We rub our eyes—we can hardly believe it! This is the very day God acted— let’s celebrate and be festive!
David had it right. Let’s be festive and celebrate! Let’s REMEMBER and RECHARGE!
Let’s be leaders that CHOOSE to live in the in the BEYOND.
We were made for more!
Let’s live in it!
For this generation!