Ministry & Initiatives
YCNLIn the year 2000, a movement began to unite youth ministries across denominations and across this province. Youth Collective Newfoundland & Labrador has been one of the largest annual Christian conferences in Eastern Canada. This movement has seen continued growth and influence by bringing together world-class musicians, speakers, and organizations. Around 40,000 young people have attended YCNL since its inception. In the last 2 decades, thousands of students have accepted Christ as their personal Saviour and thousands more have made decisions to be bold in their faith and go deep with God. This movement has included:
- Hosting numerous gatherings including rallies, prayer events, and online simulcasts,
- Conducting 2 YCNL events in the Big Land of Labrador in 2011 and 2015,
- Participating in Annual Food Drives each Thanksgiving in support of local Food Sharing Associations,
- Sponsoring of hundreds of children around the world,
- Raising over $100,000 to build and resource the YC House children’s home at the Village of Hope in Lilongwe, Malawi.
- Sending teams from across this province in 2008 to create the first YC event in Malawi with over 14000 people attending.
- Giving over $40,000 from 2016-2019 to bring clean drinking water to families in Cambodia.
All this has been possible because of youth and youth leaders who have caught the vision that together we can do something extraordinary that we could never do separately. YCNL now consists of 4 key arms: Conferences & Events, Community Engagement, Leadership Development, and Global Impact. This movement has spanned across the denominations, youth ministries, and the communities of our province and through the youth of our province to spread the love of God and mobilize a generation for the glory of God.
FORMISSIONFormission is simply the formation of followers of Jesus Christ into fully devoted disciples to the Great Commandment and the Great Commission. It is the discipleship strategy of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Newfoundland and Labrador. Its vision is to create healthy leaders in healthy churches as a part of a healthy movement! I was privileged to be the architect of the original concept and a part of the design team that has worked since 2009 to create a renewed focus on discipleship and organizational health. For more information visit our website below.Learn More
MISSIONALThis has been a growing reality over my ministry career. What began as outreach initiatives has grown into a full-blown passion to see the church reclaim and restore the Great Commission as her DNA. I am currently working on a thesis through Queen’s College in the area of Missional Leadership with plans to publish in 2020.